The LOCZIdesign Group (LDG) is an industry leader in innovation; combining highly technical experience with unparalleled creativity to generate exclusive design solutions. LDG is currently searching for a talented Junior Interior Designer to join our established and dynamic interior design firm. The job opening is a full time, permanent position at our office located near the San Francisco Design Center (SFDC) in San Francisco, CA.
Candidates must minimally have a bachelor’s degree in interior design from an accredited school or university, and at least two years of experience in a professional US-based design environment with a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD. Experience with Sketch-Up, Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and, online project management software such as Asana, IVY and Studio Webware is a plus. Qualified candidates must live in the San Francisco Bay Area with reliable transportation to our office in San Francisco in order to be considered for this position. Due to the technical requirements of this position, excellent written and spoken English is a requirement.
• Construction Documents – Proficiency in AutoCAD is required. The qualified designer will be expected to create floor and furniture plans, elevations, reflected ceiling plans, and sections. Develop space planning concepts and generate required construction documents.
• Provide the design team with finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction. Be capable of interfacing with contractors, architects and consultants when required and ability to read and understand contract documents.
• Possess the ability to produce quality style guides / mood boards for project presentations and develop overall presentation formats including renderings when appropriate.
• Strong organization and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors, and internal staff.
• Participate in office activities, company off-sites, initiatives and learning programs.
• Flexibility – Ability to handle change and last-minute alterations of design or scope due to issues including client requests, budget/schedule challenged or added benefits to overall package aesthetically. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, altering priorities when required.
• Available for travel as needed to different locations and varying periods of time as needed on a project basis for site surveys, project management, installation, photo shoots, etc.
• Stay current on the latest products and innovations by traveling to a variety of industry trade shows and product tours as scheduled by manager.
Come Design with Us!
LDG’s culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. Benefits include competitive salary, health insurance including medical, company contribution to a 401K plan and paid vacation. Visit our Instagram and Facebook pages for an insider look into our culture.
LDG is accepting resumes through January 05, 2020. Please forward your resume, cover letter and work sample(s) (no calls or faxes, please). Submittals must include salary requirement, availability and professional references. To learn more about The LOCZIdesign Group, please visit us at www.loczidesign.com.