Office Location: Open Doors – Los Gatos, CA
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization who develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents.
The Assistant Community Manager reports to the Community Manager and is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the property. Key areas of responsibility include fiscal management, compliance, facilities and risk management and resident relations.
- Schedules income verification appointments, prepares and processes lease agreements and maintains housing wait list
- Assists in the completion of re-certifications, welfare exemption documents, Management and Occupancy (MOR) and Tax Credit Allocation Committee (TCAC) reviews
- Issues notices, schedules vacancies, prepares, and monitors turnover forms
- Assists in the collection of rents, completion of security deposits, logs petty cash use and preparation of bank deposits
- Inspects property and identifies maintenance and security issues. Supports working relationships with local law enforcement and emergency agencies
- Coordinates maintenance inspections with facilities staff and ensures work orders are processed in a timely manner
- Maintains resident and property files without compromising confidential information
- Communicates procedures regarding emergency preparedness to residents and coordinates logistics for resident meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED and one year of residential property management, customer service or administrative experience or a combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency using MS Office and/or RealPage software system
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer services with the ability to achieve measurable results
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team-based environment
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance policy
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
Consistent with its obligations under the law, MidPen Housing Corp. will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
To apply, visit https://midpen-housing.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1398091
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency